ATEX extractors for dusts made in Stucchi 1950
: in this article you will find out what ATEX directive
is, the application criteria
and risk areas
, the main characteristics
of a certified vacuum cleaner
and the solutions
proposed by Stucchi 1950
. Enjoy reading!
What is an ATEX risk zone and with what criteria does it apply?
The term ATEX
derives from the union of the French words ATmosphères and EXplosibles and identifies two European safety regulations
concerning the use of machinery in areas at risk of explosion
, and the protection of the health and safety of workers in potentially explosive atmospheres
The directive has been mandatory since 2003 for all states of the European Union and mainly concerns work areas where combustible dusts
such as carbon
, plastic material residues
, are treated.
The reference sectors
of ATEX machinery are the pharmaceutical
and refinery industries
; over the years Stucchi 1950 have also marketed ATEX vacuum cleaners to companies operating in the military sector
, electronics industry
and in avant-garde body shops
which deal with particular materials for car components such as, for example, carbon and aluminum.
The causes and risks of explosions
due to ignition sources
can be poor cleaning of the workplace and/or incorrect treatment of dust deriving from work activities. For these reasons, three different ATEX zones
have been established for combustible dusts, each of which depends on the frequency and duration of the presence of explosive atmospheres:
- Zone 20: Area in which there is an explosive atmosphere (in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in the air) for long periods or frequently.
- Zone 21: Area in which the formation of an explosive atmosphere, always in the form of a cloud of combustible dust, occurs occasionally during work activities.
- Zone 22: Area in which during normal activities the formation of an explosive atmosphere in the form of a cloud caused by combustible dusts is unlikely or, if it occurs, it is of short duration.
Main features: mechanical and electronic components
All ATEX industrial vacuum cleaners
, based on the characteristics, the areas of interest and the reference sector, must comply with very specific technical characteristics
to prevent ignition sources. Going into the matter, the machinery must avoid the formation of static electricity
, overheating of the turbines
and other measures potentially dangerous for the environment and workers.
The ATEX vacuum cleaners by Stucchi 1950
respect these directives and we guarantee a daily commitment in the development of further improvements in the components; all ATEX vacuum cleaners Stucchi 1950 are equipped with:
- Anti-static filters for ATEX Zone 21 dust extractors.
- Originally ATEX certified turbines.
- ATEX certified electrical components by the manufacturer (electrical panel, interlocked sockets, etc.).
In addition to the ATEX certified elements, Stucchi industrial dust extractors carry on the tradition of the "classic" series, equipping a system of self-cleaning filters
, the automatic and manual start of the turbine
, and an aesthetic refinement thanks to the anthracite gray
, color symbol of the ATEX series by Stucchi 1950.
Which ATEX extractors to choose?
The Stucchi 1950 range
offers reliable vacuum cleaners over time
, capable of guaranteeing excellent performance for years, and, respecting ordinary maintenance, even decades.
Here are our main solutions:
- Mobile Vacuum Cleaner ATEX ST2-TF: three-phase ATEX suction turbine 2.2 kW, complete with support surface with object holder and drawer units, electric and manual automatisms, manual / automatic filter cleaning; version specifically designed for the suction of aluminum and carbon powders.
- Dust Extractor ATEX ST3-TF: high performance three-phase turbine for centralized systems 2.2 kW ATEX, automatic and manual start of the turbine, self-cleaning filter, II 3D c T 50 ° C certification, 3 operators.
- Dust Extractor ATEX ST3-GV: high performance three-phase turbine for centralized systems 3 kW ATEX, automatic and manual turbine start-up, self-cleaning filter, II 3D c T 50 ° C certification, 3/4 operators.
- Dust Extractor ATEX ST4-TF: high performance three-phase turbine for centralized systems 4 kW ATEX, automatic and manual start of the turbine, self-cleaning filter, pneumatic lifting of the dusts collecting tank, II 3D c T 50 ° C certification, available with or without inverter, 4 operators.
- Dust Extractor ATEX ST5-TF: high performance three-phase turbine for centralized systems 5.5 kW ATEX, automatic and manual start of the turbine, self-cleaning filter, pneumatic lifting of the dusts collecting tank, II 3D c T 50 ° C certification, available with or without inverter, 6 operators.
- Dust Extractor ATEX ST7-TF: high performance three-phase turbine for centralized systems 7.5 kW ATEX, automatic and manual turbine start-up, self-cleaning filter, pneumatic lifting of the dusts collecting tank, II 3D c T 50 ° C certification, available with or without inverter, 8 operators.
In addition to the aforementioned solutions, we have designed and produced suction units with 9, 11 and 15 kW turbines
, as well as various product customizations, always on request, such as interlocked ATEX sockets
and other design or component modifications.
We offer customized solutions to meet customer needs, contact us!
Do you want to stay up to date on promotions and news? Follow us on our Social pages (Facebook
), and subscribe to the Stucchi Newsletter
, we promise emails with useful and quality content!